Credit Card Review & Application
- Earn 10,000 bonus Starpoints® (enough for up to 3 free nights), after you charge $1,000 in purchases to your Card in your first three months of Cardmembership.
- Earn 1 Starpoint for every $1 in purchases charged to the Card
- Enjoy a Free Weekend Night Award when you reach $40,000 in purchases each year
- Experience Starwood Gold Preferred Guest status when you reach $30,000 in purchases each year
Redeem Starpoints for Free Nights with no blackout dates at over 1,000 of the world’s most desired hotels in nearly 100 countries
- Use Starpoints for flights on over 350 airlines with no blackout dates with SPG Flights
Experience once-in-a-lifetime events with SPG Moments
- Get Front Of The Line®* access to tickets for some of the most popular concerts, theatre and special events
- Enjoy the flexibility to pay balances in full or over time
- American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply now link.
- Annual interest rate 19.99% on purchases and 21.99% on funds advances
- Conditions apply
|APR on Purchases:||19.99% (variable)*|
|Card Issuer:||Amex Bank of Canada|
|Card Network:||American Express|
|Card Category:||Consumer (Premium)|
|Card Type:||- Instant Decision Card|
- Reward Card
The Starwood Preferred Guest credit card has a number of features for cardholders, including the ability to earn StarPoints with every dollar spent on the card. Online account management as well as access to use the card anywhere that American Express is accepted are just a few of the other features that cardholders can look forward to when getting the card.
Upon receiving the card, cardholders will start out with a certain number of StarPoints. As the card is used at various retailers, more points will be earned for every dollar spent. These points can be exchanged for free nights at Starwood properties around the globe. The points can also be used for a number of other travel rewards all year long.
With American Express, cardholders get access to the "front of the line" service. This is an entertainment feature that allows access to tickets for concerts and other special events around the globe. These tickets are often ones that are sold out or not on sale yet, though access is granted to those with the credit card.
Additional features of the credit card include online account management. This allows users to go on to see past expenses, find out the balance of their card and even pay the bill online. With online access, cardholders are able to manage their finances responsibly. While online, users can also contact customer service 24/7 to ask questions about the account and inquire about various services.
Various travel benefits are available on the card when cardholders book their travel using their American Express. This includes travel accident insurance as well as insurance for car rental, baggage delay, flight delay and even burglary of a motel or hotel room. This makes traveling easier and is all complimentary when the card is used for travel.
Further features of the card include fraud liability protection and buyer's assurance protection. Cardholders are not liable for any expenses that they did not charge to the card. If the card is ever lost or stolen, their card will be replaced. A warranty on all purchases is also added up to one year when purchases are made with the card, ensuring that buyers are protected with what they buy.
The American Express card has a number of features that makes it easy for cardholders to use. When travel is what one likes to do, there are many ways that this card provides for them, including the ability to earn points with every purchase made on the card. The application is available online, takes just a few minutes to fill out and approval responses are virtually instant.
The review prepared by CreditCardsCo™ Canada
|Reward Types:||- Hotel Reward Cards|
- Travel Reward Cards
|Rewards:||- 10,000 bonus Starpoints® (enough for up to 3 free nights)|
- 1 Starpoint for every $1 in purchases charged to the Card
- Free Weekend Night Award when you reach $40,000 in purchases each year
|Other Benefits:||- Emergency Card Replacement |
- Travel Emergency Assistance
- $500,000 Travel Accident Insurance
- Complimentary Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance
- Baggage Delay Insurance
- Flight Delay Insurance
- Lost or Stolen Baggage Insurance
- Hotel/Motel Burglary Insurance
- Purchase Protection Plan
- Buyer's Assurance Protection Plan
|Comments:||Up to 3% of the amount of each balance transfer and Amex cheque, if offered, unless reduced for a specific offer|
|Online Account Access:||Yes|
|APR on Purchases:||19.99% (variable)*|
|Grace Period:||21 Days*|
|Min Finance Charge:||$1.00|
|Late Payment Fee:||N/A*|
|Over Limit Fee:||$29.00|
|APR Cash Advances:||21.99%|
|Cash Advance Fee:||$2.75|
We do not offer online application for this card at the moment.
You may also be interested in:
† Published on Aug 7, 2015. Information relating to the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from AMEX may change without notice as a result we cannot guarantee the accuracy of details above. It is important you read the terms and conditions attached to a product before submitting the application.