AMEX Bank of Canada Cards
- Featured AMEX Bank of Canada Card: ChoicePlus Card from American Express™
- Intro APR: 2.99%*
- Regular APR: See terms*
- Annual Fee: $65*
- Earn a Welcome Bonus of 12,000 Membership Rewards® points the first time you use the approved Card. That's enough for a $100 Gift Card for dining, entertainment, or home improvement!
- Earn 2 Points for every $1 in eligible Card purchases at your 5 places chosen from a list of select American Express merchants. That's double the points compared to your Card purchases everywhere else
- Earn 1 Point for every $1 in Card purchases everywhere else
- Choose your 5 places from a list of select American Express merchants, including stores, restaurants, hotels and more
- American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply now link. Conditions apply
* * *
When in need of a credit card with a low annual fee and a vast amount of awards, the ChoicePlus Card from American Express fits the bill. It is a card for those consumers that like to shop, travel, dine, and enjoy shows and other experiences. Read more...
American Express is an international financial services company well-known for its credit cards, charge cards, and travelers cheques. The company was founded by Henry Wells, William Fargo, and John Butterfield in 1850. Setting it apart from other card issuers who partnered with separate card networks to process transactions, American Express chose to process it own transactions thus leading to it having a retail electronic payment process arm of business. Under the financial crisis of 2008, the company was approved to commence operations as a commercial bank in order to gain eligibility for federal bailout. In Canada, American Express had begun operations as a commercial bank in 1990, taking advantage of an order-in-council by the Canadian government. Prior to this, the brand was represented by American Express Canada, a company providing credit card services to residents within Canada. Also known as AMEX to its customers, credit cards are now issued by the AMEX Bank of Canada alongside various charge and corporate cards.