American Express Cards
- Featured American Express Card: Scotiabank Red American Express Card
- Intro APR: N/A*
- Regular APR: 19.99% (V)*
- Annual Fee: $0*
- No annual fee and no international transaction fee
- Free supplementary card
- Mobile device insurance
- Earn up to 12,000 bonus Scene+™ points in your first year (that's up to $120 towards travel). The offer ends April, 30 2023
- Earn 3X Scene+ points for each dollar charged to your account on all eligible purchases at Sobeys, IGA, Safeway, Foodland, FreshCo, Voila by Sobeys, Voila by IGA, Voila by Safeway, Chalo! FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, IGA West, Les Marches Tradition, Rachelle Bery, and Co-Op.
- Earn 2X Scene+ points for every $1 CAD spent on eligible grocery stores, restaurants, fast food, and drinking establishments. Includes popular food delivery and food subscriptions
- Earn 2X Scene+ points for every $1 CAD spent on eligible entertainment, including movies, theatres, and ticket agencies
- Earn 2X Scene+ points for every $1 CAD spent on eligible gas and daily transit. Includes rideshare, buses, taxis, subway, and more
- Earn 2X Scene+ points for every $1 CAD spent on eligible select streaming services
- Earn 1X Scene+ point for every $1 spent on every other purchase
* * *
Issued by Scotiabank Canada the Scotiabank American Express Credit Card features bonus points, travel insurance and premium AMEX card benefits. Read more...
The American Express Company (AMEX) is well-known for its credit cards, charge cards and travelers cheques as well as its 'American Express' card network. The Company was founded in 1850 by three entrepreneurs (William Fargo, John Butterfield, and Henry Wells.) With major international offices in countries like Australia, United Kingdom, and Canada, American Express has not always been into financial services. It got approved to operate as a commercial bank to become eligible for federal bailout under the Trouble Assets Relief Program (TARP) in 2008. American Express Canada is a subsidiary of American Express built to enhance the company's market share in that country. AMEX Canada was founded in 1853 and conducted operations similar to its parent company. In 1990, a unit called the AMEX Bank of Canada was created from AMEX Canada as the company got approved to operate as a commercial bank.
American Express Cards Listing
|Scotiabank Platinum American Express® Card|
||4.5 out of 5||
Issued by Scotiabank Canada the Scotiabank Platinum American Express Credit Card features 60,000 bonus points, premium travel insurance, and prestige travel benefits.
|Info Review Benefits Fees|