Credit Card Articles
MBNA Choice Privileges MasterCard Review
If you live in Canada and you like to travel, the new card from MBNA might be something to consider. You'll get a handful of competitive rewards benefits as well as various savings offers too.
Credit cards can be powerful tools, especially if you get one that works best for your needs. Take the Choice Privileges MasterCard Credit Card, for example. This card has probably one of the most lucrative rewards programs you will ever find as well as various methods by which you could save money. Indeed, there may be no better card on the market right now for Canadian financial customers.
With the Choice Privileges credit card, the name says it all. You have the choice to earn your points in a variety of ways.
- A generous amount of bonus points when you first sign up
- The highest points anywhere for every qualifying $1 you spend at any of the 5,000+ Choice Privileges locations across Canada, the United States, Mexico, Central America, Europe and the Middle East
- Double points for ever qualifying $1 you spend on other retail purchases every day
Earning the maximum points is easy when you travel within the Choice Privileges affiliate network and make your reservation with your MBNA MasterCard at participating hotels and resorts:
- Comfort and Comfort Suites
- Sleep Inn
- Ascend Collection
- Cambria Suites
You can also earn a significant number of points when you stay with:
- MainStay Suites
- Suburban Extended Stay
- Econo Lodge
- Rodeway Inn
As easy as it is to earn points with your Choice Privileges card, it is also quite easy to redeem your points for a variety of benefits. This means that the Choices begin with how you earn your points, but they end with how you redeem them:
- Earn free nights with over 6,000 Comfort and Comfort Suites, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Ascend Collection, Cambria Suites, MainStay Suites, Suburban Extended Stay, Econo Lodge, or Rodeway Inn hotels around the world (as mentioned above)
- Exchange your points for airfare valid with any of the 15 participating airline partners
- Earn free nights with over 500 luxury resorts and hotels around the world with no blackout dates or restrictions
- Exchange your points for gift cards or gift certificates applicable at many of Canada's top retailers and service providers
Getting free nights that allow you to travel around the world in style may sound great, but that's not all that this card can do for you. Indeed, there are a few other benefits that you will enjoy, even if they are not quite as dazzling. With these benefits, you will get more peace of mind than flashy rewards, but they are still worth noting as they are probably different from other cards you might currently hold.
- A fair introductory interest rate on balance transfers gives you more control of your debt, allowing you to consolidate existing balances under a lower rate
- A decent interest-free grace period on all purchases gives you a few extra weeks to make payments before you have to worry about extra interest charges
- A low foreign exchange fee gives you the option of using your Choice Privileges card anywhere in the world without traveler's cheques or the need for currency exchange counters
- A similarly low fee on wire transfers and cash advances ensure that you always have access to cash, no matter where you are in the world
- No annual fee simply saves you money every single year.
On top of the ability to save a little money on incidentals and other charges, you will probably also appreciate that this card is safely backed by some of the best technology:
- Chip & Pin technology ensures that wherever your card is, it can only be used by you. This is particularly useful if the card is lost or stolen and you are far from home.
- The PayPass option lets you pay for things with the wave of your hand without having to include a signature or type in a PIN, both of which can be copied or memorized by potential thiefs.
With the Choice Privileges MasterCard, you'll earn points for every $1 you spend, helping you earn the rewards of your choice even faster. You can also save with 21-days interest free, no annual fee, and a low introductory rate, you could save money too.
- Should A Holiday Bonus Be Used To Pay Down Debt?
- 3 Different Types of Canadian Credit Cards
- Fusion Platinum MasterCard Review
- Priority Club World MasterCard Review
- Shoppers MasterCard Credit Card Review
Credit Card FAQ
- How Do I Negotiate With Credit Card Companies?
- Finding Out How Many Credit Cards Have Been Issued in My Name?
- Why Should I Sign the Back of my Credit Card?
- Do I Have to Pay off my Credit Card Debt in Full Every Month?
- Which Credit Cards Are You Responsible For After Your Spouse's Death?
- More at: Credit Card FAQ
The " MBNA Choice Privileges MasterCard Review" article is property of CreditCardsCo™ and is copyrighted. The article may not be published, rewritten, broadcast or redistributed without prior written permission.
MBNA or TD is not responsible for maintaining the content on this site. Please click on the application link above for the most up to date information.
*Terms and conditions apply Rate and product information are subject to change at any time and does not constitute financial advice. Please contact supplier for complete details.