Credit Card Articles
Priority Club Platinum MasterCard Review
You can earn Priority Club reward points every day with this new Platinum level MasterCard. The program is simple and easy to use but offers a wide range of consumer and travel benefits thanks to the masterful minds at Capital One.
With a Priority Club Platinum MasterCard from Capital One, you will be able to earn points towards flights or hotel stays with every purchase. This is a great benefit for people who like to travel or need to travel for business, as it rewards for simply doing something you were already planning to do. Earning points is easy and so is redeeming them.
Earning Priority Club Points
First of all, you will earn points with every purchase. When you use your Capital One MasterCard to make hotel reservations with one of the affiliated partners, though, you will earn double points. Thus, the point earning structure looks like this:
- Earn a single point on the dollar on all regular charges
- Earn double points on the dollar for all charges made within the Priority Club affiliate hotel network
- Earn bonus points with your first purchase
- Earn bonus points every year with minimum required activity
In case you are wondering, you will only earn double points with participating hotel chains in the Priority Rewards Family of Brands. This includes:
- InterContinental Hotels & Resorts
- Crowne Plaza Hotel & Resorts
- Hotel Indigo
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations
- Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express
- Staybridge Suites
- Candlewood Suites
The great thing, though, is that you can redeem your points with these partners or with any other hotel using the Hotels Anywhere program. If you prefer, you can also use your points towards airfare. Since your points never expire and there are no blackout dates, you have all kinds of freedom for planning your next vacation or business trip.
Basic MasterCard Consumer Benefits
While the travel benefits are quite impressive, it is likely that you will also appreciate the basic consumer benefits offered by this card. These benefits are standard features of MasterCard products and are designed to protect your consumer interests by addressing potential issues or complications that you might encounter:
- Price Protection makes sure that you always pay the lowest possible price; if something you buy is advertised at a lower price within 60 days, the difference is refunded to your account
- Purchase Assurance makes sure that what you buy with your Capital One MasterCard is protected against loss, theft, or damage
- Extended Warranty service automatically extends the original manufacturer's warranty by as much as 100% (lasting twice as long)
- Concierge Service is include to ensure that can always find whatever you need, no matter where you might be across the globe
In addition to these shopping features, you will also appreciate these basic security and convenience features as well:
- Master Global Services makes sure that you have access to live telephone support 24/7 for things like emergency card replacement, emergency cash advances, cash machine locations, and many other personal or individual needs
- $0 Fraud Liability Protection makes sure that you are not held responsible for fraudulent or unauthorized charges made to your account
- Master RoadAssist makes sure that you have the help you need when travelling by vehicle more than 80km from home; for things like emergency fuel, towing services, and even minor mechanical repair
Basic MasterCard Travel Benefits
Of course, if you do travel a lot, then this Capital One MasterCard has a host of additional benefits that you might find useful. These travel benefits are designed to make your life on the road (or in the air) easier:
- Travel Emergency Medical Insurance makes sure that you can get the medical attention you need no matter where you are in the world, with coverage for up to 22 days
- Trip Cancellation Insurance makes sure that you are not charged excessive fees for cancelling your trip because of personal injury or illness
- Trip Interruption Insurance makes sure that you are not charge change fees for altering your itinerary because of personal injury or illness
- Flight Delay Insurance makes sure that you have extra cash for necessary expenses if your flight is delayed more than 3 hours
- Baggage Loss and Delay Insurance makes sure that you are reimbursed for any additional expense you take on due to your baggage not arriving at your final destination within a reasonable amount of time (or at all)
You will enjoy many of MasterCard's most attractive benefits as well as a host of other features provide Capital One's Priority Club. Take advantage of the ability to earn double points with Priority Club Platinum MasterCard and take heart knowing that your best interests are always in mind.
- ChoicePlus Card From American Express Enhances Life Experiences
- The MBNA World Elite MasterCard Is Credit Card That Pays For Itself
- CAA Quebec Platinum MasterCard Credit Card Review
- Do You Really Need a New Credit Card?
- The Harley Davidson MasterCard Is More Than A Biker's Card
Credit Card FAQ
- What are Credit Card Hidden Costs?
- Who Are The Largest Credit Card Processors?
- How Do I Get Out of Credit Card Debt?
- How to Get a Credit Card for U.S. Military Personnel?
- How Transferring Credit Card Balances Can Affect Your Credit Score?
- More at: Credit Card FAQ