Credit Card Articles
Pharmaprix MasterCard Credit Card Review
The Pharmaprix MasterCard Credit Card offers some unparalleled benefits in a convenient package. Whether you carry a credit card to make big purchases or in the event of an emergency this one could help you in a variety of ways.
Many different kinds of companies all over the world have turned to implementing a credit card affiliate to increase sales and retain customer loyalty and diversify their services. This is definitely the case with the Pharmaprix Card. This credit card product offers many benefits to financial customers in Canada.
One of the first things you look at when considering a new credit card is the interest rates. The Pharmaprix Card, on average, has the same standard rate for purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances which is fairly decent. However, you can get an extremely low introductory rate on balance transfers as well as cheques cash advances for the first six months of opening your account.
This rate will apply to any balance transfers and cheques cash advance that you make within the first four months. However, you need to make sure that you stay current on your payments because if you make a late payment or go over your limit you will have to pay the default rate, which is an additional percentage.
Another thing that most people look for when considering a new credit card is whether or not the card has a rewards program. Thankfully, this MasterCard offers one that is significantly different than other ones that are currently on the market. There are three ways that you can earn rewards points with this card:
- Earn 10 points for every dollar spent at Pharmaprix when you show them your Pharmaprix Optimum Card
- Earn 25 points for every dollar spent at Pharmaprix when you show them your Pharmaprix Optimum Card AND pay with your Pharmaprix MasterCard Credit Card
- Earn 5 points for every dollar spent on everything else you purchase with your Pharmaprix MasterCard Credit Card
The Pharmaprix Card not only gives you competitive rates, but other great benefits as well. Aside from a somewhat superior rewards program, you will also appreciate:
- Peace of mind with 24-hour fraud protection
- Enhanced security and protection with Chip & PIN technology
- The convenience of PayPass
- Free online access to your account
- Unparalleled 24/7 customer service
- Foreign currency conversion
This card can also help you save money because it has no annual fee. Also, you will appreciate the interest-free period. Many cards offer this kind of program, but this one gives you 21 days to pay off new purchases in full before interest begins to accrue.
Because the card is only available to financial customers in Canada, you can also elect to have your preferred language of correspondence to be in English or French. Also, just because people seem to really like this option, you can choose to order your card in one of five dynamic colors.
Like all other credit cards, this Pharmaprix Credit Card also has a handful of fees that you could have to pay if you use some of the optional services or exhibit irresponsibility. For example, there are several transaction fees for things like:
- Cash advances
- Balance transfers
- Cash equivalents
- Wire transfers
Generally, there is a 1% service charge for each of these kinds of transactions. There is also a 2.5% service charge for converting your currency overseas. When you use your card in another country, your card will automatically convert the currency for you as well as assess the 2.5% service charge.
There are also account fees that you will have to pay as a penalty for things like:
- Going over your credit limit
- Having a payment returned
- Having a cheques cash advance returned
- Ordering additional copies of your monthly statement
- Having an inactive account (no new charges for at least one full year)
The Pharmaprix MasterCard Credit Card offers many superior benefits that make it a highly competitive financial product in today's market. This credit card features a low introductory rate on balance transfers and cheques cash advances, no annual fee, and a variably high-yield rewards program.
- Capital One Canada Cards Overview
- 3 Different Types of Canadian Credit Cards
- Delta SkyMiles World MasterCard Benefits
- How To Build An Emergency Savings With Staying Power
- The Risks Of Balance Transfers
Credit Card FAQ
- How Transferring Credit Card Balances Can Affect Your Credit Score?
- Who Can Pull CRA Reports and From Where?
- Do I Need A Credit Card Before A Mortgage?
- How to Get a Credit Card for U.S. Military Personnel?
- How Do I Transfer a Credit Card Balance?
- More at: Credit Card FAQ