Stored Value Debit Cards
- Featured Stored Value Debit Card: Mogo Visa® Platinum Prepaid Card
- Intro APR: N/A*
- Regular APR: 0.00%*
- Annual Fee: $0*
- Plant a tree with every MogoCard tap
- Make Canada a climate positive country
- No debt. No credit impact.
- No annual fee. No monthly fee. No interest.
- Save up to $201 per month
- Control your spending, effortlessly
- Free monthly credit score monitoring
- Free identity fraud protection
- Issued by Peoples Trust Company
* * *
Stored value cards are a different class unknown to many by this name. You're more likely to call them gift cards, shopping cards, or whatever name is given by the issuer. These cards are not credit cards since they offer no form of credit neither are they prepaid debit cards even though both hold a stored value. In general, stored value cards provide very restricted usage restricted to within a number of participating merchants and departmental stores. A number of independent issuers offer shopping cards which provide a form of credit with rates and fees being deducted from an account to be supplied upon acceptance. There are various reasons you might want to purchase a stored value card including discount purchasing and exclusive access to benefits. Stored value cards listed below are reserved for the Canadian market.