Credit Card Articles
Perks Of The Futura Rewards MasterCard Credit Card
The Futura Rewards MasterCard credit card is a simple but lucrative credit product that could help you save money and earn rewards. In fact, it could be a great tool for helping new students cover education expenses or recent graduates repay student loans.
Credit cards can do so much more than simply help you buy things you want when you don't have the cash. In fact, you could consider that they are actually designed to better reward you for the things you are going to pay for anyway. Some cards reward you by providing you with a low interest rate. Other cards let you earn rewards points with every purchase, points which you can redeem later for a variety of incentives.
As far as rewards programs go, this one is probably among the most simple. With this card you will enjoy earning as much as 2% in Futura Rewards with every purchase with an annual cap of $750. This could easily help the savvy student who chooses to use their Futura credit card to cover educational and living expenses. Indeed, you will find it easy to maximize your rebate every year when you use your card to pay for things like:
- Lab fees
You could also use this card to help pay down your student loan debt and still enjoy the maximum rebate every single year!
Additional Benefits And Features
A simple rewards program that could help you with education costs is certainly a good thing but you will also appreciate that this card offers a few other attractive benefits and features. Altogether you will find that this card is, indeed, one to consider as the everyday convenience of these benefits would be difficult to deny:
- Extremely low annual balance transfer interest rate for the first ten months
- Similar low annual access cheques and deposits interest rate for the first ten months
- No annual fee
- Foreign transaction option
- 21-day interest free grace period
- Purchase Assurance
- Excellent 24/7 customer service
It should be quite easy to see just how this card can help anyone in very practical ways, but keep in mind that if your card offers retail purchasing, balance transfer, and cash advance options you may be charged different interest rates for each. The two most significant, though, might be the interest free grace period and Purchase Assurance. With the grace period you can easily avoid paying interest by simply paying new balances in full within 3-weeks of processing. Purchase Assurance ensures that you get the most for your money by replacing or refunding qualifying purchases in the event of loss, damage, or theft.
Every card you come across will have a fee structure. While they might all be quite similar they are not always identical so it is wise to take a close look at how each card's fee structure might be set up. Most credit cards charge some kind of processing fee for any or all of the following:
- Wire transfers
- Lab fees
- Balance transfers
- Access cheques and deposits
- Cash Advances
- Ordering additional copies of your statement or a particular sales draft
Most credit cards also charge penalty fees to discourage poor credit management. These might also include things like:
- Going over your credit limit
- Having a payment cheque returned
- Having an access cheque returned
- Having an inactive balance
If all of this sounds well and good to you, it could be that you are considering applying. Fortunately this process is quick and easy as you can do it all online. However, you need to first be sure that you are eligible for qualification. If you believe you can satisfy these conditions then you can apply:
- You must be a Canadian resident
- You must have a Canadian credit file
- You must be of the age of majority in the providence where you reside
- You must have a credit history that is clear of any bankruptcies or serious delinquencies
- Your household income must at least meet $35,000 (students are excepted)
Whether you are a full-time student or recent graduate, this Futura Rewards MasterCard could help you cover your expenses. It is also a practical every day credit card with benefits that any Canadian resident can appreciate.
- Should A Holiday Bonus Be Used To Pay Down Debt?
- Top Rated MBNA Canadian Cards
- MBNA Choice Privileges MasterCard Review
- Gold Guaranteed 11.9% MasterCard
- The Low Cost No-Fee Scotiabank Value Visa Card
Credit Card FAQ
- What Happens to a Credit Card Debt When Person Dies?
- What Happens When A Credit Card Company Sues Me?
- What Information do I need to Apply for a Prepaid Card?
- How Much Credit is Too Much Credit?
- I Am Under 18 – Can I Get A Credit Card?
- More at: Credit Card FAQ
The " Perks Of The Futura Rewards MasterCard Credit Card" article is property of CreditCardsCo™ and is copyrighted. The article may not be published, rewritten, broadcast or redistributed without prior written permission.